Recent changes to GDC.

Daniel Green venix1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:16:53 PST 2012

On 1/16/2012 1:42 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Cool.  Do you have anything in your MinGW patch queue that might be
> worth merging in?

Maybe.  I'm merging some of the trivial changes now.

In addition there is TLS support but that requires patches to the
runtime, bintutils and GCC.  Support for C99 stdio which phobos requires
but again that requires a runtime patch.  I'm considering not merging
them until the patches get accepted.

There's also a collection of miscellaneous Win64 fixes.

There is also issue 229 which removes dmain.o from libgphobos.  Required
to support -mwindows and -mdll.

In addition there are 2 MinGW64 specific failures remaining with the
testsuite.  Any chance you can offer some insight into them?

---
// ctfe.d
import std.stdio;
import std.math;
import core.bitop;

static assert({
     int a = 0x80;
     int f = bsf(a); // Adding this line makes it fail.
     return true;
}());

$ gdc ctfe.d
ctfe.d:9:        called from here: delegate pure nothrow @system bool()
{
int a = 128;
int f = bsf(cast(ulong)a);
return true;
}
()
ctfe.d:5: Error: static assert  (delegate pure nothrow @system bool()
{
int a = 128;
int f = bsf(cast(ulong)a);
return true;
}
()) is not evaluatable at compile time

---

$ gdc runnable/test8.d
runnable/test8.d:795: Error: undefined identifier __va_argsave, did you
mean alias __va_argsave_t?