LTO related bugs

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:08:33 PST 2012

On 01/20/12 22:34, Trass3r wrote:
> File a bug report. And remember to reduce it (perhaps with DustMite).
> Things on this list will just get lost.

Reducing LTO test cases isn't always easy. :)

But i have given up on the static linking in the mean time, as i couldn't
get it working in a few minutes, even *w/o* LTO [1]. I don't need static
executables anyway, it was just another item on a checklist that /should/
work, but building an IFUNC-less static glibc just to check seems like a
bit too much work, at least for now.
I'd like the non-LTO build to work before filing LTO bugs, so this has to
wait until then...

artur

[1]

/usr/bin/ld: dynamic STT_GNU_IFUNC symbol `strcmp' with pointer equality in `/usr/lib/libc.a(strcmp.o)' can not be used when making an executable; recompile with -fPIE and relink with -pie