Release: MinGW64 GCC 4.6.1 GDC 232cd89d90b4

Sönke Ludwig sludwig_sp at niksoftware.com
Mon Jan 30 02:34:19 PST 2012

== Auszug aus Daniel Green (venix1 at gmail.com)'s Artikel

https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-gdc-232cd89d90b4-20120128.7z
> Known issues:
>   * May break TDM64 C++.
>   * Field-less structs will throw a null this exception.  When formatted
> by std.format.  runnable/test23.d
> ---
> For the time, MinGW32 binaries will not be provided.  MinGW64 is built
> as a 32-bit binary that allows use on 32-bit Windows.  GDC requires
> patches to binutils and the MinGW runtime to function properly.  Until
> those patches make it into their official repositories only MinGW64 will
> be released.

== Auszug aus Daniel Green (venix1 at gmail.com)'s Artikel
> Please post all issues in D.gnu or on GDC's site
> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc
> Due to the use of a newer runtime than TDM64-GCC it is **recommended**
> to install a copy specifically for GDC.
> Features
>   * binutils with TLS patches
>   * mingw-w64-runtime with TLS and stdio fixes.
>   * GCC 4.6.1 with TLS patches
>   * Both D1 and D2 compilers.  D2 invoked by default.
>     * -v1 Compiles with D1.  Must be used in linking stage as well.
>     * -v2 Compiles with D2.  Must be used in linking stage as well.
> MinGW64 installer
> http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/
> GDC binary

https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-gdc-232cd89d90b4-20120128.7z
> Known issues:
>   * May break TDM64 C++.
>   * Field-less structs will throw a null this exception.  When formatted
> by std.format.  runnable/test23.d
> ---
> For the time, MinGW32 binaries will not be provided.  MinGW64 is built
> as a 32-bit binary that allows use on 32-bit Windows.  GDC requires
> patches to binutils and the MinGW runtime to function properly.  Until
> those patches make it into their official repositories only MinGW64 will
> be released.

Most cases work for me now. Only the LoadLibrary+DllMain tests still produce a
status 988 (access violation in dll_process_attach...dll_fixTLS or
rt.lifetime.__getBlkInfo if Runtime.initialize is used instead). It also links now
without the manual _tls_callbacks_a definition (_tlsstart and _tlsend in
plaindll.d is still needed or it will crash during initialization).

Btw. many thanks for your commitment to the Windows gdc version. It currently the
only working 64-bit/Windows solution and I'm working on a D project for my company
that absolutely needs to support 64-bit - it would not be possible otherwise.