What ibuclaw has been doing on his server

Brad Roberts braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com
Tue Jul 10 00:42:11 PDT 2012

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Around April, I got myself a new server that I planned to be dedicated to all
> things gdc.  Initially it provided a default web page - which will soon have
> useful links to development, bugs, build releases for various architectures /
> platforms, etc.
>
> http://gdcproject.org

Food for thought, make sure someone has automated off-site backups.
Protecting against single-person hosted sites and them disappearing is
important for long term health.  For example, Walter downloads a nightly
dump of the dbugs data base from my system.

> And for the same reasons as above, with the extra reason that D's bugzilla now
> disallows creating new bugs for GDC, I've also installed a new bug tracker on
> the system too.
>
> http://gdcproject.org/bugzilla
>
> I'm going to see if I can get it hooked up to a mailing list for users to
> register to, or (with permission?) link my bugzilla installation to this
> mailing list.

The gdc category was disabled at the bugzilla I host by request of someone
on the gdc project ages ago.  I don't remember who.  I'd be happy to
re-open it and give admin access to one or two people.  Having it report
changes to a list or a newsgroup is pretty easy to setup.

Later,
Brad