What ibuclaw has been doing on his server

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 10:52:54 PDT 2012

Iain Buclaw, el 10 de July a las 14:10 me escribiste:
> > You don't really need to trust anyone, what you want to backup is
> > publicly available anyway, right? Then you can make a tarball or
> > something and just publish it in some obscure path in the web. Then
> > anyone willing to do a backup only have to download that tarball. If is
> > not too big, you could also open a gmail account and send the tarball to
> > that account (I did this for backing up a small server).
>
> Publicly available to download might be one thing, but only works if
> someone is willing to retrieve it.  :-)

Of course, I thought you were concerned about security risks on giving
access to the server to somebody else to make a backup.

> Gmail account would be under lock and key by me, unless I give someone
> else access to it.

Yes, using gmail was a suggestion as an alternative "someone willing to
retrieve it". I mean, just using gmail as storage for your own backups.