Comparison between GDC test suite results on x86 and ARM

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 25 00:11:27 PDT 2012

On 25 July 2012 01:24, Alex Rønne Petersen <alex at lycus.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran the GDC test suite on x86 and ARM. I have attached the results to
> this message.
>
> Quick summary:
>
> x86:
>
> # of expected passes            1287
> # of unexpected failures        21
> # of unresolved testcases       17
>
> ARM:
>
> # of expected passes            1280
> # of unexpected failures        26
> # of unresolved testcases       18
>
> Not bad - the ARM port is progressing nicely.
>
> As for specific files...
>
> These tests fail on x86 but *not* on ARM:
>
> FAIL: fail_compilation/fail6451.d output-exists-not fail6451.s
> FAIL: runnable/test42.d (internal compiler error)
>
> These tests fail on ARM but *not* on x86:
>
> FAIL: runnable/arrayop.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/opover2.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/template1.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/test11.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/test12.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/testmath.d execution test
> FAIL: runnable/testmmfile.d execution test
>
> I have not actually looked into any of the failures yet. This is just for
> informational purposes to let people know how far along the ARM port is.

In the <build>/gcc/testsuite/d directory, there is a .log file which
will contain the reasons for the test failure.

Most failures are simply because the bindings to the gcc testsuite
isn't up to scratch yet, whilst I'd be interested to look into that
ICE you're getting there. :-)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';