libphobos on ARM

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 11 10:30:37 PDT 2012

On 11 June 2012 17:58, Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> wrote:
> Am Mon, 4 Jun 2012 07:31:59 -0400
> schrieb Matthew Caron <Matt.Caron at redlion.net>:
>
>> Judging by:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/120/fsection-anchors-broken-on-arm
>>
>> (specifically
>> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/120/fsection-anchors-broken-on-arm#comment-686378),
>> I thought that was fixed.
>
> No, that's only a partial fix. There's at least one other issue with
> -fsection-anchors which isn't fixed by that patch. Also the patch
> hasn't been committed yet IIRC.
>
> I had another look at the issue today though and posted some new
> information. Maybe that's enough for Iain to fix it?

There are two things under my general consensus for this:

1. would be to re-implement dfrontend/todt.c entirely, so that we
produce GCC trees directly from the toDt routines, rather than the
dmd's intermediate backend representation and later blindly converting
to GCC after all information about the type size is finalised.

2. would be to review the current implementation of how we record
inheritance in classes and fix it up where possible to utilise the
already existing macros in place to hold information about type
inheritance and basetypes for the backend to better understand what
information we are sending it.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw