Supporting emulated tls

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Mar 18 14:06:41 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-18 19:39, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> You mean getting rid of __tls_beg and __tls_end? I'd also like to
> remove those, but:

__tls_beg and __tls_end is not used by Mac OS X any more:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/commit/73cf2c150665cb17d9365a6e3d6cf144d76312d6

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/054c525edba048ad7829dd5ec2d8d9261a6517c3

> TLS is mostly object-format specific (not as much OS specific). The ELF
> implementation lays out the TLS data for a module (module = shared
> library or the application) in a contiguous way. The details are
> described in "ELF Handling For Thread-Local
> Storage" (www.akkadia.org/drepper/tls.pdf).

Mac OS X 10.7 + supports TLS natively. But I don't know where to find
documentation about it. It always possible to look at the source code.

--
/Jacob Carlborg