libgmp-3.dll missing from windows binary release

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:57:02 PDT 2012

On 19 March 2012 10:59, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 March 2012 21:37, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 3/17/12, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Did find that one, but now missing libppl_c-4.dll
>> > This is a bit silly. A binary toolchain needs to have these in the
>> archive.
>> > No point if you can't run it.
>>
>> I think I've had the same issues before because I've installed TDM x86
>> instead of the TDM x64 (labeled "experimental" in setup) . Could that
>> be the issue?
>>
>> The GDC I've used is:
>> gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-gdc-232cd89d90b4-20120128.7z
>>
>> The TDM setup:
>> tdm64-gcc-4.6.1.exe
>>
>> libgmp-3.dll is then installed to
>> MinGW64\libexec\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.6.1\ (and so is
>> libppl_c-4.dll)
>>

> Okay, well I got that package, and it does seem to have the full list of
> dll's I need (there were about 5 more), but gdc still won't work:
> > gdc main.d
> gdc: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but liblto_plugin-0.dll not
> found compilation terminated.
>
> that dll was in there too, and it is certainly present in my path, but it
> continues to complain... :/

Okay, I managed to make it work by just transplanting the whole gdc
distribution directly into a functioning MinGW64 installation. There must
have been weird relative pathing built into the tools, so it didn't find
the DLL's even though they were present in the path.

I really think the next binary GDC release should carefully have all those
DLL's included, so it actually like, works.
I'd say the point of a binary release is for windows users who don't want
to know anything about linux or gcc toolchain issues can just use it and
get to work :)