libgmp-3.dll missing from windows binary release

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:40:11 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Kapps <opantm2+spam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 19 March 2012 at 10:57:13 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> On 19 March 2012 10:59, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Okay, well I got that package, and it does seem to have the full list of
>>> dll's I need (there were about 5 more), but gdc still won't work:
>>> gdc: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but liblto_plugin-0.dll not
>>> found compilation terminated.
>>>
>>> that dll was in there too, and it is certainly present in my path, but it
>>> continues to complain... :/
>>>

>> Okay, I managed to make it work by just transplanting the whole gdc
>> distribution directly into a functioning MinGW64 installation. There must
>> have been weird relative pathing built into the tools, so it didn't find
>> the DLL's even though they were present in the path.
>>
>> I really think the next binary GDC release should carefully have all those
>> DLL's included, so it actually like, works.
>> I'd say the point of a binary release is for windows users who don't want
>> to know anything about linux or gcc toolchain issues can just use it and
>> get to work :)
>

> Agreed. I've tried a couple of times to get GDC working, but every time I've
> given up simply because hunting down numerous libraries (which sometimes
> error themselves or need additional libraries themselves) is really not
> reasonable just to try a new compiler. If GDC was as simple to use as DMD,
> there would be many more Windows users.

The instructions say quite clearly that there are two steps:
1. Install the 64 bit distribution of TDM GCC
2. Unzip the GDC release into the TDM GCC installation you just made

If you do that, there are no missing libraries. Everything just works.
If you're having to hunt for libraries, you've done something wrong somewhere.