libgmp-3.dll missing from windows binary release

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:41:35 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/12, Andrew Wiley <wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not really sure why Daniel isn't just zipping the full install so
>> you don't have to download TDM GCC separately. Might be some licensing
>> issue there or something.
>
> I think it's fine the way it is. When GDC gets merged with the GCC
> mainline we will probably see GDC being distributed in the TDM setup.
> Otherwise why bloat the GDC zip with binaries you might not even need.
> Remember that the TDM setup can install c, c++, fortran, objc, openmp.
> Plus, you might already have TDM installed.

Well, last time I tried to use g++ after unzipping GDC on top of the
TDM GCC install, it failed terribly. Don't really remember how, but I
think it was runtime linking issues.
And no, we won't necessarily see GDC in the TDM GCC setup. Firstly,
that's years away because of how slowly GCC goes through versions, and
secondly, Go has been merged as of GCC 4.6, and it isn't included in
TDM.