x32-abi with D?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sat May 26 03:37:23 PDT 2012

On 26 May 2012 11:00, Franz <franz.sass at gmx.de> wrote:
> I was planning to install FreeBSD, but I was wondering if x32-abi(i.e.
> x86-64 but using fast 32bit pointers) is a supported configuration together
> with D in linux using the D gnu compiler, then it would be the incentive to
> go linux instead.
>
> if not supported, is it planned to be supported?

The compiler is able to cope.  Have made some updates to the D runtime
and Phobos library to weed out any issues relating to such platforms
(NaCL is another system which uses 32bit pointers on x86_64 arch),
though I'm not aware of the current working state.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';