GDC 4.7 build problems on Ubuntu 12.10 -- success!

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Nov 5 09:58:45 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 04:27:52PM +0100, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
[...]
> Ahhh, I'd forgotten about --disable-bootstrap: adding that to the
> configure instructions seems to solve all the problems.  I've now
> successfully built and installed GDC 4.7, and the -j option does not
> disturb the build.
>
> Just for reference, my successful configuration was:
>
> ../gcc-4.7-4.7.2/src/configure --enable-languages=d
> --disable-multilib --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap
> --disable-libquadmath --disable-libquadmath-support
> --disable-bootstrap --enable-checking=release
[...]

Hooray!

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 05:41:12PM +0000, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 5 November 2012 16:20, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
> <joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> > On 11/05/2012 04:39 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> >>
> >> ... but no "make uninstall" option?  Is there an advised way of
> >> cleaning out a source install of GDC?
> >

> > Is there a recommended .conf file or similar for installs to
> > /opt/gdc, to ensure the system picks up the executable, libraries
> > and include files?
> >

> Edit your $PATH
[...]

Yeah, gdc (well, pretty much all gcc-based compilers) should
automatically know where to look for include files, executables, etc.,
if you configured it correctly. As long as gdc can be found in your
$PATH, you should be good to go.

GEEK = Gatherer of Extremely Enlightening Knowledge