Successful GDC 4.8 build on Ubuntu 12.10

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Nov 7 11:20:47 PST 2012

On 11/07/2012 04:49 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> It got to the point where the gcc, gdc, g++ binaries are built, but cc1,
> cc1plus, cc1d aren't, and it dies trying to compile something but not
> finding the backend. I've no idea what might be causing this problem.

I have a vague memory of encountering something similar at some point but I
can't remember what was responsible, which is annoying.

You've definitely got e.g. --disable-bootstrap called by configure, and you're
definitely working from the gcc-snapshot Debian sources and not sources
downloaded straight from GCC?