iphone + D, getting closer!

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 07:28:15 PST 2012

Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> writes:

> Cool, I'm really looking forward to this. How did it go with the simulator?

D for the iphone simulator worked without changes to gcc-4.8 src since
it targets i686 darwin fine.  To get it to work it was more of finding
the right config recipe.  I did have to use my druntme changes for osx.
For the simulator, I built an i686-apple-darwin target and had it use
the iphone simulator sdk + as, ld toolchain.

To run D code in the iphone sim, the D code is compiled to .o files on
the command line then added to an xcode project along with libgphobos2.a
and libgcc_eh.a.  I give my D code an extern(C) entry point so I can
kick it off.

--
dano