iphone + D, getting closer!

Dan Olson zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 08:49:46 PST 2012

Dan Olson <zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com> writes:

> Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> writes:
>>
>> _Dmodule_ref?
>> You can just declare it as extern(C) __gshared void* _Dmodule_ref; (But
>> IIRC you have to compile with -nophoboslib to make it work)
>> It's used by the runtime/compiler to setup the ModuleInfos but you
>> don't have to initialize it, it just needs to be declared.
>
> I might try that.  It will give me a warm+fuzy before I get all of
> libgdruntime built.  It would just be a simple "Hello D" to the console
> using puts().

Ok, that gave me an arm object file with simple D code.  I linked in to
an iphone app.  When I run, module init code get called (yeah) but soon
tries a move from an bad address.  Probably my own doing with my port of
arm-darwin.  I'll look through Timo post, see if it is related.  Later
this week I will compare my toolchain's D assembler output with a D
arm-eabi chain, see what's up.