Successful GDC 4.8 build on Ubuntu 12.10

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Nov 13 11:51:13 PST 2012

On 11/06/2012 12:05 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> This morning I managed a successful build of the latest dev GDC, so I thought
> I'd give a brief writeup.

Just to add that I've followed the same process successfully on an Ubuntu 12.04
system, allowing for the correction to step (iv) that it should be

     ./setup-gcc.sh ../gcc-snapshot-20121008

Rather than using the native gcc-snapshot source from 12.04 I copied instead the
source from the 12.10 package, on the assumption that the older version would
not be sufficiently up to date for the latest GDC.