How to compile RABCDAsm on the Raspberry Pi !?

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Nov 18 11:06:08 PST 2012

Am Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:15:51 +0100
schrieb "Swen" <maildeluxe at mail.ru>:

> Hi! i compiled rdmd and put it to /opt/gdc/bin. RDMD seems now to
> work. But when i try to compile RABCDAsm with:
>
> DC=gdmd-4.7 DCFLAGS="-O -inline -fno-section-anchors" gdmd-4.7
> -run build_rabcdasm.d
>
> i get:
> * Checking for working compiler...
> Segmentation fault
> Error: Test failed
>
> hmmmm

Strange. A segmentation fault could have many causes, but I guess it's
related to the -fno-section-anchors flag not being passed to gdc in some
case.

I know you already spent quite some time trying to get this working and
this is probably getting annoying, but if you don't mind rebuilding
gdc I'd propose this:

Recompile gdc with this pull request applied:
https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/37

To do that you can just use the sources from my GDC repository:
https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/tree/gdc-4.7

so instead of
git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC.git
use
git clone https://github.com/jpf91/GDC.git
the rest of the installation instructions still applies.

I know it takes way too long to build gdc on the raspberry pi, but
building with these changes is worth the effort. The changes include an
fix so you don't have to specify "-fno-section-anchors" anymore.

Instead it should be possible to just use gdc-4.7 and gdmd-4.7.
You should then rebuild rdmd like this:
gdc-4.7 rdmd.d -o rdmd

building RABCDAsm should then be possible with this command:
DC=gdmd-4.7 gdmd-4.7 -run build_rabcdasm.d

I'm sorry for the inconveniences but the ARM support is quite new and
IIRC you're the first one to actually build a real application on ARM.