Linking error: cannot find crti.o

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Tue Oct 2 23:59:51 PDT 2012

Am Wed, 03 Oct 2012 00:17:52 +0200
schrieb Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net>:

> On 10/03/2012 12:14 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > Ubuntu has a strange set-up called multiarch.  It requires patching
> > the vanilla gnu sources with debian patches to work without working
> > around it.
>
> Would it work to take the gcc sources from the Ubuntu archives
> instead of direct from GCC?  If so, which if any of the package
> sources would I need?  (Presumably gcc-4.7 and g++-4.7 ...?)

Yes, that would work. You need the gcc-4.7 sources, but you have to
execute some commands to patch them. And as the ubuntu/debian gcc
sources have partial D support, you have to disable some patches to
make sure they don't conflict. This guide should more or less be valid
for ubuntu as well:
http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Raspberry%20Pi/build/Raspbian%28Hardfloat%29