gdc-4.7 (git) ICE

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Oct 24 18:40:09 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:52:15PM +0100, Iain Buclaw wrote:
[...]
> The D FE's type system is not integrated into GCC's garbage collector.
> What I've done on the current trunk at least (will have to check what
> 4.7 looks like) is delay the genericizing of the codegen till after
> all functions have been processed, instead of inbetween each function
> - which has caused things to be GC'd in the past.
[...]

Hmm. This does explain the errors I'm getting. I'm guessing some stuff
is getting GC'd when it's not supposed to, causing dangling references
which either crash the compiler or cause ICEs?

If that's the case, then I'm not *too* worried; I'll just stick with
separate compilation. I just wanted to chase down the bug in case it's
an actual serious issue with the GDC code.

Give me some fresh salted fish, please.