GDC 4.7 build problems on Ubuntu 12.10

Timo Sintonen t.sintonen at luukku.com
Fri Oct 26 23:28:17 PDT 2012

Making gcc with more than -j2 always fails for me at some random
point. The process generates lots of config files and libraries
that are needed later in a compilation. These files may not be in
dependencies. Maybe that would be too complicated, the files
should be in place anyway if the process has got that far. In
parallel build some threads may get too far referencing files
that another thread has not been generated yet.

I have often been able to succesfully continue from that point by
just giving make without -j. If not, I just start from the
beginning with -j2 or without  -j .