-fsection-anchors broken on ARM

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 23 10:25:33 PDT 2013

On 23 April 2013 17:28, Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> wrote:

> Am Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:10:43 +0200
> schrieb "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:
>
> > In reference to this link:
> > http://forum.dlang.org/post/50476C77.20608@googlemail.com
> >

> > I'm currently working on dealing with each of these issues in the
> > following pull (with the intention to merge back upstream where
> > required).
> > https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/62
> >
> I'll make sure to have a look at this, but as always too little time...
>
> > In order:
> >
> > 1. ClassInfo
> >
> > The initialiser emitted will have two symbols, one public symbol
> > with the TypeInfo_Class members, and a second private generated
> > symbol for the interfaces array.  I can't forsee any way this
> > could break compatibility with any existing compilied gdc (or
> > perhaps even dmd/ldc) binaries out there.
>
> Sounds good. That should also be good for debug info.

Actually, found an interesting problem when confronting it.

---
struct Interface
{
    TypeInfo_Class   classinfo;
    void*[]     vtbl;
    ptrdiff_t   offset;     /// offset to Interface 'this' from Object
'this'  <--
}
---

I'll have to have a think about what value should be put there, and how
best to put it in.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';