OpenBSD Support

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 4 13:08:28 PDT 2013

On Jul 28, 2013 2:20 PM, "Aytug" <aytuggurbuz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 28 July 2013 at 05:18:43 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>>
>> On Saturday, 27 July 2013 at 20:52:47 UTC, Aytug wrote:
>>>
>>> FreeBSD and OpenBSD are two totally different operating systems. I
would say FreeBSD is more popular (and might include dmd and/or gdc ports)
but I love and use OpenBSD.

>>> Any other ideas?
>>

>> Both are POSIX-compliant, no? That should mean that DMD and GDC will
both build and run fine. (Not sure if there are any potential runtime
issues.)

> Yes, they are both POSIX-compliant. Building is a last resort, I would
like to know if there are any binary package options.

There are no binary packages available for gdc to my knowledge.  OpenBSD
may not be recognised as being supported, but that is a front end
implementation issue.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw