To build GDC for Windows 32/64

Ludovit Lucenic llucenic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:50:54 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 27 August 2013 at 10:34:20 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> Am 27.08.2013 09:17, schrieb Ludovit Lucenic:
>> Hello out there,
>>
>> is anybody here, please, who would help me to compile/get a
>> working GDC in Windows environments (both 32 and 64 bit,
>> preferably 64 bit) ?
>>
>> I have studied all the GDC-stuff online, but I cannot figure
>> out
>> this mission :-)
>> Maybe there is something I am missing, but in general the
>> documentation seems to be obsolete and the provided packages of
>> GDC I downloaded seem not to work for me out of the box.
>>
>> I would very much appreciate some sort of assistance.
>> When success, I will update the Wiki on the topic.
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance, dear Dees.
>>
>> Ludovit
>> skype: moondog82
>
> http://3d.benjamin-thaut.de/?p=71
>
> I don't know if this still works though.
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

Thank you, Benjamin.
It took me almost an hour to compile the GDC following your
guidelines (on Dell:i7, 8G RAM, Win8-64), but ended with an error
not being able to find GMP, which was actually in src folder. The
build script must have looked somewhere else. I'll try tomorrow
to fix it.

Anyway, I have noticed the GDC repository
https://github.com/venix1/GDC is used in your guidelines.
What is the basic difference between this one and the one of Iain
at https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC that seems to be
updated more recently? Is it possible to build GDC on Windows
from the Iain's repository's trunk at all?

Cheers,
Ludovit