To build GDC for Windows 32/64

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Aug 28 01:51:58 PDT 2013

Am 28.08.2013 09:51, schrieb Ludovit Lucenic:
> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 at 06:30:04 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>>
>> The difference is, that the one at venix1 has some mingw patches.
>> Without them a couple of features will be broken, like TLS.
>> I think it should be possible to build from directly from the offical
>> GDC branch, but don't expect a working compiler then.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Benjamin Thaut
>
> Thank you Benjamin.
>
> Is here anybody, who would assist me to somehow prepare the latest
> working GDC compiler for win32/win64 ? I mean, the one built from
> official GDC branch (either gdc-4.8 or master) so we have something that
> works out of the box as latest stable/unstable installable executable,
> because the target of links to GDC from http://dlang.org/download.html
> does not apparently work ...
>
> Thanks.
> Nice day to everyone.
>
> Ludovit

Well the main problem is, that tdm-gcc (which you really want to have
nice working gcc on windows) does not support gcc 4.8 yet. They are
still at 4.7 so porting it over will be quite some work. There has been
a posting on the newsgroup from venix where he statet that he started
porting the newest version, but it still had many bugs.

http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut