2.064 status, ARM status

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sat Dec 14 14:16:13 PST 2013

On 14 December 2013 20:21, Ellery Newcomer <ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu> wrote:
> On 12/09/2013 06:25 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>
>> I updated the ARM patches to the latest master version. I have to admit
>> I was pleasantly surprised that going from 2.063 to 2.064 did not cause
>> any failing test cases in the test suite or failing unit tests. So ARM
>> on 2.064 is also good to go now and it's probably a good idea to start
>> merging the fixes.
>> (Code is here: https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm )
>>
>> One question related to the 2.064 merge: I see one failing test in the
>> test suite, file runnable/template9.d. It fails with linker errors.
>> Is this a known problem or could it be the gcc snapshot version
>> I'm using (gcc-4.9-20131201)? This happens on x86/64 and ARM.
>>

> I would love to play with this, but I have had no luck getting it to build,
> either with crosstools or as a native build (I think my board is running out
> of memory, and I know of no way to attach any sort of hard disk to it for
> swap space).

I had a similar problem with my trim slice after upgrading it to
12.04, which has only 1GB memory.  The daft buggers left swap turned
off in the kernel, so I had to recompile linux with it enabled.  Got
myself a serial cable (saved my life!) to get access to the boot
console to first test that the built image work, then voila - I can
now compile gcc. \o/