2.064 status, ARM status

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Dec 15 00:45:33 PST 2013

Am Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:04:07 -0800
schrieb Ellery Newcomer <ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu>:

> On 12/14/2013 02:21 PM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ellery,
> >
> > it seems like crosstool-NG can't compile recent gcc-4.9 snapshots.
> > It's not a D or crosstool problem actually, GCC-4.9 for some reason
> > can't bootstrap glibc.
> >
> > I personally use this branch to test the cross-compiler:
> > https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/commits/arm-old
> >
> > It's a quick & dirty backport of the arm branch for gcc-4.8. It
> > should work as well as the arm branch (it might produce slightly
> > bigger binaries though, but I couldn't confirm that yet)
> >

> oh, wow. staples. thanks.
>
> heh. 11M hello world. it runs, though.

That's actually normal, the GCC-4.9 branch also produces a 11MB hello
world. There's a new feature in GCC-4.9 which allows to remove
templates from executables in some cases and as it's not supported in
GCC-4.8 that could cause a difference.

You can use 'strip' (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-strip) to get your 11MB
hello world to a reasonable size.