This week's experiment build gdc with tls disabled.

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu Dec 19 03:47:16 PST 2013

Am Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:48:38 +0100
schrieb "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:

> Gthreads and Emulated TLS are now in GDC!!!
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commit/62554bfe1b35ee4f586634a76c65d83ebfa871ef
>
> The bug noted above still exists, however what I am going to do
> is update and hook emulated TLS into the GC.

A question about the emutls support:
I guess it's not compatible with C/C++ emutls right now? So if we have:
test.c:
__thread int a;

and test.d:
extern(C) int a;

This wouldn't work right now?

I think it could be possible to treat thread local variables in
extern(C) code specially and hook it up with the standard GCC emutls.
This way we could make it work, however we likely can't make the GC
scan extern(C) thread local variables then.