ARM Cortex-M - Static array dyamically allocated

Timo Sintonen t.sintonen at luukku.com
Fri Dec 20 11:14:42 PST 2013

On Friday, 20 December 2013 at 15:03:52 UTC, Mike wrote:

> Two questions:
> 1) These are defined in my object.d, so why is it saying only
> object.d can define these types?
> 2) Why is there exactly two instances of each error message?
>
> Again, here's my build line:
> arm-none-eabi-gdc -march=armv7e-m -mcpu=cortex-m4
> -mtune=cortex-m4 -mthumb -fno-emit-moduleinfo -c
> -ffunction-sections -fno-exceptions -fdata-sections start.d
> object.d

Object.d seems to be a special case in many ways.
When building minlibd I was not able to have an empty or my own
object.d and it had to be named object_.d
I do not remember any more what all the problems were.

Object.d (or .di) is always imported even if it is not mentioned.
In this case gdc may find another object.d from the standard
library. Current directory is not searched unless you put -I. to
the command line. There may now be two conflicting files.