D for embedded system

Matthew Caron matt.caron at redlion.net
Tue Jan 8 07:45:18 PST 2013

On 01/08/2013 09:22 AM, Freddie Chopin wrote:> Hi!

 > Any progress on making D an usable alternative for C/C++ for ARM
 > MCUs?

I had a cross compiler working based on an older version of this:

http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler/crosstool-NG

Bear in mind that my embedded system is an ARM CPU with at least 16MB of
RAM, so it runs Linux and is basically just a small footprint Linux
distro. If you mean "bare metal", I haven't done that.

 > Anyway - do you think that D's threads could actually replace a
 > RTOS on an embedded system? This would be quite interesting too (;

An RTOS does a lot more than manage threads. ;-)

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Sixnet, a Red Lion business | www.sixnet.com