MinGW GDC updates

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Jan 12 15:37:31 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 8 January 2013 at 20:52:48 UTC, Daniel Green wrote:
> A new binary has been posted.  This contains GDC master up to
> Nov. 28th.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your work so far.

I ran into some issues after following the installation
instructions. I was getting the following error:

gdc: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but liblto_plugin-0.dll
not found

I tracked down the problem to the TDM-GCC installer linked in
your post. It appears that even though the installer is from an
older version, it will still download the latest one (4.7.1), and
not even give you an option to select an older version.

Downloading the 4.6.1 archives and unpacking them manually took
care of the problem. Here is what I had to download and unpack to
get everything working:

GCC core:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/files/TDM-GCC%204.6%20series/4.6.1-tdm64-1/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-core.tar.lzma/download
GCC C++:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/files/TDM-GCC%204.6%20series/4.6.1-tdm64-1/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-c%2B%2B.tar.lzma/download
MinGW runtime:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc/files/MinGW-w64%20runtime/GCC%204.6%20series/mingw64-runtime-tdm64-gcc46-svn4483.tar.lzma/download
GDC:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads/gcc-4.6.1-tdm64-1-gdc-20130108-D2.060.7z

By the way, I noticed this in README-gdc-mingw.txt:

> Includes D1 and D2 compilers.  Defaults to D1,
> D2 can be used by specifying -v2.
> -v2 must be used if GDC is used for linking.

And in the gdmd perl script:

>     } elsif ( $arg =~ m/^-v1$/ ) {
>         push @out, '-fd-version=1';

gdc doesn't seem to accept neither -fd-versionX nor -vX switches,
so I assume the above are both outdated.