D for embedded system

Timo Sintonen t.sintonen at luukku.com
Tue Jan 22 11:53:34 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 22 January 2013 at 17:02:58 UTC, Freddie Chopin wrote:

> Any chance for adding any example that could be used to verify
> that everything works correctly? It does not matter for which
> microcontroller it would be, just anything for a start (;

I will add something when I have time. I have a simple malloc and
a main program that sends one byte to uart.

> One more request - maybe you could share a compiled toolchain
> with the lib in a binary form (Windows)? Compiling that is
> probably not the easiest thing to do (;

I have tried to avoid Windows since 1996 when I installed my
first linux...
The best place to ask for a toolchain might be those who have
made the native Windows toolchain. It should not be a big job to
change it to a different target. If I had time, I might also look
at it.

But this brings out an interesting question:
If I have the same cross toolchain in Linux and Windows, and I
compile same files with same settings, are the object files
equal? If I compile some files in Windows and some in Linux, can
I link them together and have a working executable?

I think this should work in theory but does anybody have any real
experience of cross compiling programs in both win and linux?