gcc 4.8.1 made it to Debian Sid

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 5 14:04:08 PDT 2013

On 5 July 2013 19:32, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> Well, now that I've successfully built gdc-4.8, I'm wondering if I
> should work on getting it into the Debian repo? Or is somebody already
> working on that? Iain?

1. Congrats, the first time building gcc is always the hardest. :o)

2. You are at least a month behind on that.
  a. gdc has been merged in with the gcc source package in Debian.
  b. 4.8 is in unstable (based off 2.062 though).
  c. I have been receiving lots of emails from the debbuilder about
gdc building status on all of debian's arch's, and success/failures in
the testsuite / unittester.  :o)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';