gcc 4.8.1 made it to Debian Sid

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon Jul 8 08:21:23 PDT 2013

On 07/08/2013 11:43 AM, eles wrote:
> Well, it worked! Thanks a lot!

Excellent. :-)

> I never properly succeed into accomplishing all these steps. It patched, but it
> never compiled to the end. Thank you for the new method.

I also struggled for a long time with patching the sources.  I suspect part of
the problem was that I could not tell whether the build failures I was
experiencing were because I hadn't patched the sources properly, or for other
reasons.  At any rate, I never built gdc-4.7 successfully. :-\

Once I realized that I could use gcc-snapshot with gdc master, somehow it all
came together.  Now that gcc 4.8 has been officially released, of course, we
don't have to bother with that any more (... and there was much rejoicing:-).

> Kudos, Iain!

Also Johannes and Alex, and others.  It's been a big team effort :-)