Building on Debian 7 -- success!

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Jul 31 03:29:09 PDT 2013

On 07/31/2013 02:49 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> I decided it was about time I tested my described how-to-build-GDC method (cf.
> earlier postings:-) on a fresh system.
>
> So, I installed a basic Debian 7 system in VirtualBox and installed all the
> dependencies listed on:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Installation/Generic
>
> Then, it's
>
>      cd ~/code/D/gdc/dev
>      ./setup-gcc.sh ../gcc-4.8.1/
>      cd ..
>      mkdir objdir
>      cd objdir
>      ../gcc-4.8.1/configure --enable-languages=d --disable-multilib --enable-checking=release --prefix=/opt/gdc
>      make 2>&1 | tee build.log

... which works -- the earlier build failure was because I'd created
insufficient virtual disk space.

I did this fresh build simply to make sure that all dependencies were correctly
listed, as I had some vague memory from way back when of there being something
missing.  But it looks like in fact all is present and correct.

So, that's nice. :-)