setup-gcc.sh

eles eles at eles.com
Fri Jun 7 08:28:42 PDT 2013

On Friday, 7 June 2013 at 14:07:27 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 7 June 2013 13:26, eles <eles at eles.com> wrote:
>
> The gcc/d folder is symlinked to the gdc sources, so any
> updates in
> gdc will reflect in the gcc/d tree.

I think there is a confusion. The code that I quoted used to
workk with gcc-4.8 (4.8.0) source package of Debian/ubuntu, since
it did *not* include a src/gcc/d/ subfolder and a src/libphobos/
subfolder.

Things changed when the package was updated to gcc-4.8.1, as the
changelog show it:

http://ftp-master.metadata.debian.org/changelogs//main/g/gcc-4.8/gcc-4.8_4.8.1-2_changelog

"* Build D and libphobos packages from this source package."

That makes the gcc-4.8 (4.8.1) package to include a src/libphobos
and a src/gcc/d folders. The code that I quoted in the beginning
will fail with asking to manually remove the d sources form the
gcc tree.

The setup-gcc.sh should be modified accordingly: it does not try
to remove the folders libphobos/ and gcc/d, still complains about
their presence afterwards.

BTW, what version of gdc does the gcc-4.8 (4.8.1) package ships
with?