Compiling GDC-MinGW

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Tue Mar 5 08:20:11 PST 2013

Am 05.03.2013 10:54, schrieb Daniel Green:
> On 3/4/2013 12:49 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> when building ppl I get the error message "'itimerval' does not name a
>> type". Is this a known issue too?
>
> I don't believe I've ran into that specific problem.  What more can you
> tell me about the build environment/error generated?

Well I tried building it using tdm-gcc 4.7.1
Grep-ing the whole tdm-gcc directory revealed that itimerval is indeed
not defined anywhere in the headers. I also used the latest version of
msys and compiled on Windows 7 x64. Later today I will try compiling
with the latest version of vanilla mingw.

I also noted that one part of the tlsfix.patch gets rejected, so I
applied it manually. It looks like the patch should perfectly work, but
for some reason its rejected. But you can easily miss that as the output
of the build script runs by that quickly.

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut