Compiling GDC-MinGW

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Thu Mar 7 10:32:17 PST 2013

Am 07.03.2013 17:42, schrieb Daniel Green:
> The crossdev directory is important because GCC is being called natively
> and it allows paths to match up.
>
> Otherwise /crossdev becomes /mingw/msys/1.0/crossdev which causes all
> sorts of mayhem.  That said, as long as you are building on F:\ it there
> shouldn't be an issue.
>
> On 3/6/2013 2:55 PM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>> Also do you have some idea about the multiline strings in options.c?
>> Google tells me that multiline strings got deprecated starting with gcc
>> 4.0.0 (current mingw vanilla is gcc 4.7.2)
>
> I think this and the issue with tls-mingwrt.3.20.patch may be related.
> It applies cleanly here.
>
> How is your git version designed to handle line endings?  A patch that
> different between Unix/Dos can fail to apply even though they are
> identical.
>
> I also didn't run into an issue with options.c . May also, be a patch
> getting misapplied.  Unless changed during installation msys-git will
> checkout all files as Dos line endings.

So are the files supposed to have DOs-Style line endings (CRLF) or
Linux-Style line endinngs (LF) ?

You might want to include a .gitattributes file which forces the line
ending onto the correct format.

I tried the tls-mingwrt.3.20.patch both with LF and CRLF line endings
and in both cases it fails to apply.

It also seems that your script does not download
sqlite-amalgamation-3071100.zip

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut