GDC-4.9 in development

Moritz Maxeiner moritz at ucworks.org
Sat Mar 23 17:58:41 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 23 March 2013 at 10:33:16 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes this weekend:
>
> - New gdc-4.8 branch has been created for stable updates on
> D-2.062 and gcc-4.8.x
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/tree/gdc-4.8
>
> - The main development trunk will switch to gcc-4.9 development
> (things may get unstable for the next couple of weeks).
>

> Also, everyone welcome Johannes to the team. :-)
>

> Regards
> Iain.

Just to be sure, does "for stable updates on
D-2.062 and gcc-4.8.x" also include D-2.063+ (not now but as it
comes out I mean), because you say "stable updates" and I don't
count D as stable. I'm asking because I need to decide on which
branch (master or gdc-4.8) to use for the Archlinux package
(gdc-git) that has to provide the newest git version of gdc, so
if there're going to be improvements or support for new D
versions in the master branch that won't be going into the
gdc-4.8 branch it'd be good to know.

Thanks for your work,
Moritz