GDC-4.9 in development

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 24 03:38:30 PDT 2013

On Mar 24, 2013 1:00 AM, "Moritz Maxeiner" <moritz at ucworks.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, 23 March 2013 at 10:33:16 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Changes this weekend:
>>
>> - New gdc-4.8 branch has been created for stable updates on D-2.062 and
gcc-4.8.x
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/tree/gdc-4.8
>>
>> - The main development trunk will switch to gcc-4.9 development (things
may get unstable for the next couple of weeks).

>> Also, everyone welcome Johannes to the team. :-)
>>

>> Regards
>> Iain.
>

> Just to be sure, does "for stable updates on
> D-2.062 and gcc-4.8.x" also include D-2.063+ (not now but as it comes out
I mean), because you say "stable updates" and I don't count D as stable.
I'm asking because I need to decide on which branch (master or gdc-4.8) to
use for the Archlinux package (gdc-git) that has to provide the newest git
version of gdc, so if there're going to be improvements or support for new
D versions in the master branch that won't be going into the gdc-4.8 branch
it'd be good to know.

> Thanks for your work,
> Moritz

I'm kinda hoping to push the notion of D front-end minor releases again,
which would include all the latest bugfixes of the current D version, but
any new feature or breaking chances would be omitted.  This would be
suitable for gdc because putting on a new release of the front end is too
much hassle as it stands.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw