How minimal I can go using D on GDC?

Timo Sintonen t.sintonen at luukku.com
Mon May 13 22:14:03 PDT 2013

On Monday, 13 May 2013 at 20:21:55 UTC, Mr. Anonymous wrote:

> Will this minimum runtime environment work on Windows, too?
> I'd like to try that out.

I see no reason why this would not work. The only thing that is
needed is a working cross compiler.

I have not heard of gdc cross compilers for windows and I do not
have time and interest to play with that. This question has been
asked several times so I think there is interest for this. If
someone wants to try, there are several options:

- The compiler can made step by step. The instructions are here:
http://gdcproject.org/wiki/Cross%20Compiler

- Use the native windows version and make it a cross compiler. I
would like to hear a comment from mingw people if this is
possible.

- There are full cross tools chains that use gcc like this:
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
Gdc could be added to gcc there.

As long as gdc is not part of gcc, there will not be any
ready-to-use D toolchain. If there is any success, I would like
to hear it
.