How minimal I can go using D on GDC?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue May 14 01:28:54 PDT 2013

On 14 May 2013 06:14, Timo Sintonen <t.sintonen at luukku.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 13 May 2013 at 20:21:55 UTC, Mr. Anonymous wrote:
>

>> Will this minimum runtime environment work on Windows, too?
>> I'd like to try that out.
>>

> I see no reason why this would not work. The only thing that is needed is
> a working cross compiler.

Indeed, if it's a free-standing runtime environment.  Then it could be
moved and put anywhere.

> As long as gdc is not part of gcc, there will not be any ready-to-use D
> toolchain. If there is any success, I would like to hear it
> .

This logic is backwards.  Go is part of gcc but there is still no
ready-to-use toolchain available for, say, PPC or IA64.   We don't need to
be part of gcc to get toolchains up for platforms.  Just need the people
willing enough to port and support them.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';