Unittest tester.

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Fri May 17 13:09:58 PDT 2013

Am Tue, 14 May 2013 18:59:14 +0200
schrieb "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:

> We now have 6 currently failing unittests.
>
> Current failing unittests:
>
> core.exception.AssertError at libphobos/src/std/internal/math/errorfunction.d(222):
> unittest failure
> core.exception.AssertError at libphobos/src/std/internal/math/gammafunction.d(367):
> unittest failure

At least the second problem is caused by a difference in the exp inline
asm version used in dmd and the core.stdc.math.expl function used in
gdc. At first I though the iasm version might be more precise,
especially as we just alias expl(real) to exp(double).

But a short test with mathematica suggests that the iasm version is
less precise (or even wrong?) and the numbers where determined with the
iasm version, so it seems this is 'not our bug'. I guess I'll have to
ask Don about this right?

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/5b33b8ad