Building on Ubuntu -- what GCC sources to use?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri May 31 09:47:05 PDT 2013

On 31 May 2013 16:54, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 05/31/2013 04:42 PM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>> I still use gdc master with gcc 4.8.0. There are no changes yet which
>> require a 4.9 snapshot.
>
> What's the stability of gdc master like right now?  I remember Iain issuing a
> warning that things might get a bit shaken up after 4.8 was branched off.

Implementation-wise, yes (over 6000 line changes and counting, and we
are still on the same front-end version)...
Testsuite and stability-wise.  Nothing broken, infact there are more
fixes now than before!

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';