Building on Ubuntu -- what GCC sources to use?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri May 31 15:14:40 PDT 2013

On 31 May 2013 22:07, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 05/31/2013 06:47 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> Implementation-wise, yes (over 6000 line changes and counting, and we
>> are still on the same front-end version)...
>> Testsuite and stability-wise.  Nothing broken, infact there are more
>> fixes now than before!
>
> Any advice on running the test suite?  I found that it exited with Errors 1 and
> 2 if make check-d was run with the -j option; running without, it started and
> then output nothing (though a look at top showed a fair amount of different
> stuff running -- expect, cc1d, other things).

make check-local does a few things:

1) Run the D2 testsuite.  If it is silent, that means that there are
no errors to tell you about. :-)
2) Compiles libdruntime with -funittest and runs a unittester program.
3) Ditto in libphobos.

Phase 1 will take a while, likewise, phase 3 will take a while on some
sources (algorithm, datetime).

If you wish to have a visual progress:

make check-d &
tail -f gcc/testsuite/gdc/gdc.log | grep "PASS\|FAIL"

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';