Building on Ubuntu -- what GCC sources to use?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri May 31 15:18:15 PDT 2013

On 31 May 2013 23:14, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 31 May 2013 22:07, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
> <joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
>> On 05/31/2013 06:47 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>> Implementation-wise, yes (over 6000 line changes and counting, and we
>>> are still on the same front-end version)...
>>> Testsuite and stability-wise.  Nothing broken, infact there are more
>>> fixes now than before!
>>
>> Any advice on running the test suite?  I found that it exited with Errors 1 and
>> 2 if make check-d was run with the -j option; running without, it started and
>> then output nothing (though a look at top showed a fair amount of different
>> stuff running -- expect, cc1d, other things).

Running with -j2 will run the library and testsuite in parallel.  On
x86_64 it is expected the testsuite and libdruntime tests pass.  i386
there are still some failures in the testsuite.   The libphobos tester
will error also - there are bug reports present for these (or if you
spot one that isn't raised, please do!)

Once the library tests are complete, if the test suite is still
running, it will then do the rest of the test suite in parallel.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';