Building on Ubuntu -- what GCC sources to use?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri May 31 19:05:41 PDT 2013

On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 23:41:40 UTC, jerro wrote:
> GDC 4.8 builds without problems on Debian Wheezy. For 4.7, you
> need something like
>
> export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$LIBRARY_PATH
> export CPATH=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu:$CPATH

Good to know. Actually I wasn't really asking about Debian builds
in general; Teoh and I had some exchanges a while back, because I
had succeeded in building on Ubuntu using gcc-snapshot and he
wasn't able to replicate my success. So I wanted to check if
using the upstream gcc 4.8.1 sources worked for him.