Unable to compile gdc with gcc 4.8.2 on OSX 10.8.5

kahuna kahuna0k at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 00:50:58 PDT 2013

On Friday, 1 November 2013 at 06:08:53 UTC, kahuna wrote:
> I've been unable to compile gcc patches to gcc-4.8 on OSX, I
> get an error in thread.d, an assert "Not implemented", it seems
> that it is not getting the right version while compiling
> initStack() and fiber_entryPoint(), if I comment out both
> asserts, as expected it breaks the library and whenever I
> compile anything (even an empty main()) I get a lot of errors
> about undefined symbols similar to _D11TypeInfo_Am6__initZ in
> libgphobos2.a
>
> It is gdc supported under OSX??

I have tried to compile branch v1.x with gcc-4.7.3 and although I
get no error on thread.d (I get some bad references to direct
d_name.ptr, fixed removing .ptr) but I get the same undefined
symbols when compiling with gdc, so I understand that OSX is not
currently working, at least on 10.8.5 and Xcode 5