Build problem with latest git head

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 7 01:20:17 PST 2013

On 7 November 2013 08:59, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 04/11/13 12:26, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> On 4 November 2013 11:22, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
>> joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
>> <mailto:joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net>> wrote:
>>     Should we expect that git-head GDC will start to require GCC 4.9 in
>> the near
>>     future?
>>
>> After I push the fix that you see in that patch, yes.
>>

> Am I right that you're close to the point where the frontend will be
> backend-neutral and so new versions can simply be dropped in as needed?
>
> If so, can I suggest that at that point there be a commitment to have GDC
> always build against the stable GCC release as well as the development one?
>  I don't feel comfortable asking this without the backend-neutral situation
> being resolved, but once it is, it seems like a good idea.

The front-end is neutral in that it doesn't care about backend.  But we
still require some gdc-specific changes which call glue-layered hooks.
These will be moved to Port/Target eventually as seen fit.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';