auto-tester breakage

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 25 11:35:30 PST 2013

On 11/25/13 2:35 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 25 November 2013 10:32, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, there's been some middle-end changes.  Sorry, next time I'll give
>> you heads up.
>>
>> ...Which, incidentally, might come very soon, as there are some other
>> front-end breaking changes in the pipeline with a new wide-int.h
>> header.
>>

> And the last GDC change has been untested (so far).

Well, if you're not worried that the build/tests are broken, I probably shouldn't be either, but I
am pondering on ways of increasing the visibility of the state of the system.  The only 'no work to
be done' state is a healthy green master branch.  I'm considering adding a once every X days (daily,
weekly, etc) status summary email with what open work there is to be done (broken master, open
pulls, etc).

I don't consider it right for master branches to be in a broken state, ever.  But I don't own the
code under test, so it's not up to me. :)